Punjab School Education Board is a education school board located in Mohali, Chandigarh, India. It was established in 1969 under a legislative act of the Punjab government, which was taught in the public schools of the state of Punjab, in addition to the publication of standardized examinations and textbooks besides the administration and curriculum of the scholarship. Was there Headquarter of the Board is located in SAS Nagar (Mohali) near Chandigarh.
History of PSEB
The Punjab School Education Board came into existence through a legislative act in November 1969 for the development and promotion of school education in the state of Punjab. In 1987, the Assembly made amendments to the Board’s Act to give it autonomy. The scope of the board’s work is very broad and covers almost every aspect of school education / platform.
Working Process of the board
The Board is headed by a full-time Speaker, whose tenure is of three years and who technically reports to the Education Secretary of the Punjab Government. The current Education Secretary of the Board is the IAS Shri. Krishna Kumar, who is sincerely committed to shaping Punjab’s education system through initiation initiatives such as ‘Padho-Punjab’.
Functions of the Board
Brief details about the functions, structure and activities of the Punjab School Education Board are given below:
- Making necessary arrangements for smooth conduct of public examination at the school level. At present, the Board conducts public examinations at mid-matric and senior secondary level.
- Setting curriculum, study courses and text books for school education. The Board, which holds the subject in all major disciplines, has a full academic wing. The main responsibility of this wing is to prepare and modify the curriculum regularly and then prepare text books accordingly.
- Arrangement, compilation, correction, publication, printing and sale of text books
- Make the necessary arrangements for schools
- Efforts for school education
- To act as an advisory body for school education, this Act
THE PUNJAB SCHOOL EDUCATION BOARD ACT 1969
[(AMENDMENT) ACT, 1987, (AMENDMENT) ACT, 2000, and (AMENDMENT) ACT 2005]
Received the assent of the Governor of Punjab on the 25 th November, 1969 and first published in the Punjab Govt. Gazette (Extraordinary), Legislative Supplement, Part I, of the 28th November, 1969.* The amendment Act of 1987 received the assent of the Governor of Punjab on the 17th April, 1987 and first published in the Punjab Govt. Gazette (Extraordinary), Legislative Supplement, Part I, of the 22nd April, 1987. The amendment Act of 2000 received the assent of the Governor of Punjab on the 6th April, 2000 and first published in the Punjab Government Gazette (Extraordinary), Legislative Supplement, Part I, of the 10th April, 2000 and the amendment act of 2005 received the assent of the Governor of Punjab on the 29th November, 2005 and first published in the Punjab Government Gazette ( Extraordinary ), Legislative Supplement , Part I, of the 7th December, 2005.(Read More: PSEB Act 1969)
Branches of Punjab School Education Board
Branches of Punjab School Education Board, the board has following branches:
- Academic Branch
- Account Branch
- Affiliation Branch
- Computer Center
- Construction Wing
- Examination Branch
- Legal Cell
- Pen School
(See School List of PSEB)
Important Links for PSEB
|Hight School(10th) Result||Click Here|
|Inertmediate(12th) Result||Click Here|
|Roll Number||Click Here|
|School List of the board||Click Here|
|Download Syllbus||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Address & Contact of The Board
Email ID: [email protected]
Phone No: 0172-5227423,424,425
Address: Punjab School Education Board Vidya Bhawan, Phase-8, Sahibjada Ajit Singh Nagar (Mohali) Pin Code-160062.
(See all the officers list and their contact of PSEB)
- Punjab School Education Board Result
- Boards of Education in India
- West Bengal Board of Primary Education
- Education Recruitment Board
- Uttar Pradesh Board of High School & Intermediate Education (UPMSP)