If you have just started learning English, then you first have to know some basic rules of language. Developing a solid foundation in English grammar will not only help you to make your sentences correctly, but it will make it easier to improve your communication skills both in spoken and written English.
Study all the lessons given below and include your learning in your speaking and writing.
Basic English Grammar Lessons
- Noun: Classification and Formation Of Abstract Nouns
- The Noun and Number: Singular and Plural Nouns
- The Noun and Case: Possessive Nouns
- Gender: Noun and Gender, Types and Examples
- Count Nouns vs. Non-Count Nouns
- ‘Be’ Verbs
- Action Verbs
- Comparative and Superlative Adjectives
- Simple Tense
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Conditional Sentence
- Progressive and Perfect Tense
- Perfect Progressive Tense
- Irregular Verbs
- Infinitives 1
- Infinitives 2
- Active Voice and Passive Voice
- Indicative, Imperative, Subjunctive Mood
- Auxiliary Verbs – ‘Be,’ ‘Do,’ ‘Have’
- Auxiliary Verbs – ‘Will/Would,’ ‘Shall/Should’
- Auxiliary Verbs – ‘Can/Could,’ ‘May/Might/Must’
- Prepositions – ‘On,’ ‘At,’ ‘In’
- Prepositions – ‘Of,’ ‘To,’ ‘For’
- Prepositions – ‘With,’ ‘Over,’ ‘By’
- Conjunctions – Coordinating and Correlative
- Conjunctions – Subordinating
- Conjunctive Adverbs
- Articles – Indefinite and Definite
Advanced English Grammar Lessons
- Question Tag
- Verb Advance
- Words often Used and Misused
- One Word Substitution
- Idioms and Phrases 1
- Idioms and Phrases 2
Practice Set of English Grammar
- Verb Basic Practice Set
- Tense Practice Set
- Passive Voice Practice Set
- Narration Practice Set
- Subject Verb Agreement Practice Set
- Conditional Sentence Practice Set
- Verb Advance Practice Set
- Noun Practice Sets
- Pronoun Practice Set
- Adjective Practice Set
- Conjunction Practice Set
- Article Practice Set
- Preposition Practice Set
- Adverb Practice Set
- Synonyms Practice Set
- Antonyms Practice Set
- One Word Substitution Practice Set
- Idioms and Phrases Practice Set
Composition (Essay, Applications, Letters etc.)
- English Literature
- Class Wise Essay (Standard 1st to 12th, And Higher Level)
- Primary Schools
- Junior Schools
- Pre-Metric Schools
- Metric Schools
- Post Metric Schools
History of English Language
- Old English
- Scandinavian influence
- Middle English
- Early Modern English
- Modern English
- Phonological changes
- Vowel changes
- Grammatical changes
- Evolution of English pronouns
- Interrogative pronouns
- First person personal pronouns
- Second person personal pronouns
- Third person personal pronouns
- Evolution of English pronouns
- Voyages of Ohthere and Wulfstan
- Ayenbite of Inwyt
- Canterbury Tales
- Paradise Lost
- Oliver Twist
Grammar for Speaking: Speaking Grammar
Basic grammar is a requirement, but focusing on grammar will enable you to speak fluent English in a reasonable time frame. Grammar is most effective for improving communication and writing skills, but it is related only to those who have a solid foundation in English fluency.
How to speak proper English?
- Improving Your Pronunciation. Speak to educated people.
- Avoiding Slang. Understand the pronouns “I” and “me”.
- Expanding Your Vocabulary.
How to speak good grammar?
- Speak. English is understood in many parts of the world; however,…
- Make a plan. Try to get an overview of how to improve your grammar from a textbook…
- Identify common mistakes. If you are not a native English speaker,…
- Find some grammar exercises. To improve your English grammar,…
- Use a thesaurus.
How to learn English grammar?
- Learn the parts of speech. Every word in the English language can be categorized as…
- Know how to write numbers. Single-digit numbers…
- Learn how to structure a basic sentence. At minimum, every sentence consists…
- Maintain correct subject/verb agreement. Within a sentence, both the subject and verb must share
How to practice English speaking?
- Sing or rap
- Do dictation
- Collect and rehearse English phrases
- Record yourself
- Write your own rhymes
- Chat informally in social media
How to speak fluently?
- Talk when you read and write
- Watch movies with subtitles
- Listen to local music and learn the lyrics
- Read local literature
- Find a language learning buddy
- Talk to a native speaker
- Analyze different dialects
How to talk English easily?
- Join Online Forums That Use English. Joining an online forum means you can interact…
- Read Texts Out Loud. Reading fluency is simply the ability to read a book or text clearly.
- Make Friends with English Speaking Expats.
- Trust Your Teacher.
How to improve English conversation?
- Find An English-Speaking Conversation Partner.
- Make Sure To Listen As Well As Speak.
- Record Your Conversation Practice.
- Surround Yourself With The English Language.
- Practice With Music and Movies.
- Read Aloud
- Talk To Yourself
How to speak English with confidence in 9 Easy Steps?
- Join Online Forums That Use English
- Read Texts Out Loud
- Make Friends with English Speaking Expats
- Trust Your Teacher
- Work in Groups of Five or Smaller
- Join Online Conversation Groups
- Don’t go Overboard
- Avoid Procrastinating
- Remember Why You Want to Learn English
Here you will learn all aspects of written English so that you can improve your writing skills in both personal and formal communication.
Whether you are starting basics or want to understand complex topics, we have everything.
how to get started We are constantly working to improve our website, and we are committed to helping you find the information you need, faster.
If you do not see the specific topic about which you want to know more, just enter your query in the search box at the top.